573 Florine Ct. w St. Charles MO 63303
firstname.lastname@example.org w 636.555.1989
Committed and experienced Educator with years of teaching, curriculum scaffolding, staff development, and the delivery of exceptional instruction at the secondary level.
- English Instructor: Currently teach 10th and 11th grade English at a large public school. Class enrollments include students of all skill levels and a CWC special education population. Specific accomplishments include increase in standardized test scores between 12-20th percentiles.
- Leadership Roles: Serve as Department Chair and Co-Chair of District Professional Development Committee; led K-12 English curriculum revision; designed differentiated programming for skill remediation of ESL students.
- Management Skills: Strong proponent of research-based behavior management strategies, to include the Boys’ and Girls’ Town Social Skills Model, the Efficacy Project from Harvard University, and Harry Wong. Focus on influence as opposed to power.
- Demonstrated Strengths: Increased success of students, as evidenced by test scores; relationship-building with students, parents, and co-workers; leadership within department and among members of district-wide committees.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor of Arts in Education Magna Cum Laude
Major in English and Political Science – Secondary Education (2009)
university of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
Master of Arts: educational Administration
University of Missouri-St Louis, 2014
Certifications: Missouri State Secondary Teaching – English and Social Studies
- National Education Association; District Representative
- ASCD Membership: Presentation at National conference, May 2014
Cottleville High School, Cottleville, MO
English Teacher, 09/2009 to Present
Teach 10th and 11th required English courses and an elective journalism course. Curriculum includes grammar and composition as well as literature, along with a strong emphasis on essay writing of all genres. The journalism course includes responsibility for student newspaper and yearbook. Designed and implemented strategies to meet the needs of students at all ability levels.
- Big Sister-Little Sister Program, St. Louis MO, 2012 – Present
- Tutor – Ferguson-Florissant Community Center, Ferguson, MO, 2014-Present
now for only $96?