Sales Associate Resume
424 Summers Lane
EXPERIENCED SALES PROFESSIONAL
- Experienced inside and outside sales professional with a strong history of success and significant contribution to organizational profit.
- Five-year history of financial planning and retirement/annuity product sales/training
- Three-year history in insurance sales – home, auto, and life
- Three-year history in auto fleet leasing/sales
- Consistently exceeded sales goals
- Sales effectiveness backed by superior interpersonal relationship skills and ability to establish rapport with individuals from a wide variety of demographics.
Financial Planner/Retirement Advisor: New York Life Insurance Corp., Phoenix, AZ, 2011-Present
- Marketing and lead generation
- Life insurance, annuity and other retirement product sales
- Top salesperson – 2014; 2015
- Promoted to new hire sales trainer in 2015
Insurance Sales Generalist: BMA Insurance Corp., Phoenix, AZ. 2008-2011
- Sold all company products – auto, home, life, health
- Consistently exceeded personal and company sales goals every quarter of employment
- Awarded top salesman, 2010
Auto Fleet Leasing and Sales, Enterprise Leasing, Phoenix, AZ, 2005-2008
- Designed leasing programs for medium and large-sized companies
- Generated leads and consistently closed sales
- Designed customized contracts for clients
- Consistently exceeded corporate sales goals
Arizona State University, 2001-2005, BA, Marketing and Communications
- GPA: 3.6
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Dean’s List – 8 semesters
Creighton High School, Phoenix, AZ, College Prep Program, Graduated 5/2001
- Habitat for Humanity Volunteer
- Member, Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Advisory Board, Phoenix Area ASPCA
- Retail Sales
- Cash-Handling Accuracy
- Credit Card Transactions
- Customer Service Excellence
- Loss Prevention
- Merchandising & Stocking
STORE-MART/DISCOUNT RETAIL CO., Sometown, TX
Big-box retail store locations with up to $2.6M in annual sales.
Retail Sales Clerk, 6/06 to Present
Courteously greet customers and efficiently process transactions within busy, fast-paced retail environments. Operate cash register, scanners and computers to itemize and total customer purchases; collect payments and make change for cash transactions; and balance drawer at the end of each shift. Assist with store stocking, floor-sets and opening/closing procedures.
- Repeatedly named “Employee of the Month” at both companies in recognition of excellent job performance and customer service.
- Commended by supervisors for flexibility in changing work hours when asked and filling in during scheduled off-days for absent employees.
- Honored with repeated awards for cash handling accuracy, with zero overages/shortages month-over-month.
- Displayed a positive, helpful attitude on a daily basis that was consistently praised by customers and employers alike.
SOMETOWN HIGH SCHOOL, Sometown, TX
High School Diploma, 2006
- Three-Time “Employee of the Month,” Store-Mart, 2009 to 2011
- Four-Time “Employee Star,” Discount Retail Co., 2006 to 2007
- “Peak Performer Award” (for cash-handling accuracy), Store-Mart, 2009, 2010, 20111
- Skilled at operating computerized cash registers, scanners and affiliated POS system
- Basic skills in MS Word and Excel
Available for all shifts and extended evening/weekend hours
now for only $100?