Administration Executive Resume
Dedicated educator with 14 years of experience in teaching, building level administration, and special education coordination. Solid foundation in educational theory and practice related to needs of special education students in cross-categorical environments. Special interests include original research in differentiated programming for LD and ED students. Seeking transition to district-level position as special services director, in order to provide coordination and collaboration among all special education services and programming.
Middle School Special Services Coordinator
4/2011 – Present, Peter Pan Consolidated School District, Fortunate, SC
Manage caseload assignments to individual case managers; Provide training and development for special education certified and non-certified staff; Hear appeals from parents and students regarding identification and placement; Adjudicate manifestation meetings; Analyze and report test results.
- Authored 6 articles published in quarterly ASCD Journals, 2006-present.
- Presenter – ASCD National Conference, 2013
- Keynote Speaker: National Council on Exceptional Children Conference, 2015
- Named Special Education Teacher of the Year in the state of South Carolina, 2007.
- District Special Education Teacher of the year, 2006 and 2007
- Trained district regular and special education staff in the Efficacy Model for Students from Harvard University.
- Trained district-wide special education personnel in the Boys and Girls Town Social Skills Model
- Participated in the U.S. Department of Education Special Education Compliance Commission, 2013-2014
- Authored a manual of Special Education Procedures and Processes for district special education staff and for parents.
Teacher of Special Education
8/2002 – 6/2011 Peter Pan Consolidated School District, Fortunate, SC
Taught cross-categorical special education middle school students in resource room, self-contained and CWC environments. Maintained caseload of 12 students; Supervised one classroom aide.
- Successfully transitioned students from self-contained to resource environments
- Designed the school-wide CWC model, 2005
- Developed and implemented a multi-year differentiated program for ED students; Conducted original research with experimental and control groups; Collected data and reported improvement in academic and behavioral performance within experimental group.
6/2011 University of South Carolina
- Awarded Ph.D. in Special Education Administration
- 4.0 GPA
5/2007 University of South Carolina
- Awarded MA in Special Education Administration
- 4.0 GPA
5/2002 University of South Carolina
- Awarded BA in Special Education
- Dean’s List 1998-2002
- Received Teacher Certification in Cross-Categorical, K-12
- President, Campus Chapter of NEA
- Special Education Compliance Protocols
- Training/Development and Presentation
- Data analysis
- Supervision and Leadership
- Public Relations
- Budget Management
now for only $110?